At Bakels Sweden we are fully committed to delivering our products and services to the highest possible standard, without putting the health and wellbeing of our colleagues or customers at risk.
We understand the importance of creating assurance that the right procedures are in place for safe continuation of the business.
Bakels Sweden are monitoring the advice issued by the SLV (Swedish Food Agency) and World Health Organisation daily. As part of this we are monitoring reported cases and infection rates.
• We are providing regular internal communications to all colleagues.
• We are monitoring our absence levels, return to work interviews and holiday locations.
• We are reiterating and enforcing strict personal hygiene in line with our food hygiene practices as a food manufacturing site. This includes additional notices displayed around the site.
• Sanitiser is available at key points around site.
• Those members of staff who are able to, have been instructed to work from home.
• We have advised staff against any unnecessary travel to customers’ sites or for other business.
• Business travel outside of Sweden has been cancelled.
Visitors to site
• We continue to restrict all delivery and haulier drivers access to the site.
• We have displayed notices at all visitor and driver entrances regarding Coronavirus and updated our visitors welcome pack and screening accordingly.
• We are not allowing any visitors to site, other than those of business critical nature.
• Sanitiser is available at entrances for visitors and drivers.
Continuity of supply
• We can confirm that we do purchase raw materials that originate from affected countries, though there is no risk to food safety.
• We are working with our suppliers to mitigate any possible supply implications and have increased our stock holding of key ingredients.
• We have long standing relationships with all our suppliers and based on the current available information, we do not envisage any supply issues. We can assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to minimise any risk to supply.
• Although many customers have restricted access to their facilities, rest assured our team is on hand via e-mail or telephone as normal to technically support customers during this time. For general enquiries, you can contact us on +46 (0) 31 755 35 00.
Please stay safe and we wish you strength and health over the coming months.
The Bakels Sweden Team